看轻某人
think little of sb.
(1) think little of sb.表示“小看某人,看轻某人”
英语解释为to have little or no regard or concern for someone。
(2) think less of sb.也表示“看轻某人,小看某人”
例
So if I decide to pass, you won’t think less of me
那么如果我决定不上呢,你们会小看我吗
Look, no one’s gonna think less of you.
听着,没人会就此看轻你。《摩登家庭》
看不起某人
look down on sb.
(1) look down on sb./sth. “瞧不起……,看不起……,轻视……”
英语解释为to think that you are better than someone else。
(2) think little of sb.和look down on sb.,前者是对某人评价不高,是“小看,看轻”;后者是认为自己比某人强,是“看不起,轻视”。
(3) look up to sb. “尊敬,钦佩,仰慕”
英语解释为to respect or admire someone。
例
You look down on me and my ways, but you’re happy to wear the mink coat that fell off the back of the truck!
你看不起我,鄙视我的做事的方法,但是你却屁颠屁颠地,乐于坐享其成。
I can’t work on the bake sale because you’re a bossy control freak that looks down on my cupcakes.
我不能去参加糕饼义卖了,因为你是一个专横的控制狂,还瞧不上我做的纸杯蛋糕。
妄自菲薄
put sb. down
(1) put sb. down “批评某人,贬低某人”
英语解释为to criticize someone and make them feel silly or stupid。
(2) put oneself down “妄自菲薄,自惭形秽,小看自己”
例
You love correcting people and putting them down.
你超喜欢纠正别人,让人自惭形秽。
A: If you want to chase after her, chase after her.
想去追的话,就去吧。
B: Ah, who am I kidding I wouldn’t have a shot with a girl like that.
开什么玩笑,那样的女孩,我一点机会都没有的
A: Don’t put yourself down. You’re a very attractive man.
别这么妄自菲薄,你还是很有吸引力的。
()
内容来源网络,如有侵权,联系删除,本文地址:https://www.230890.com/zhan/163300.html